analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → Epic Rap Battles of Armor Games
It has been awhile since a contest has appeared here. With that being said you are probably wondering what is this Epic Rap Battles of Armor Games (ERBAG)?
Participants will be pitted against one another in a poetry slam to roast one another 1v1 until there is one final winner. This will be a 16 player single elimination tournament. Image below for reference.
The tournament will either include 8 players with 4 rounds, or 16 players with 5 rounds. Depending on how many participants sign up. For every round you win, a merit will be awarded. So the more users sign up, the more chances there are for you to win a merit. The maximum amount of merits you can win is 5, if you are the grand winner in a 5 round style tournament. So share this opportunity with your fellow users for a more rewarding experience.
To protect users and keep competition friendly, clean, and for laughs:
- Participants will only roast based on their opponents history on Armor Games, that includes Stats (likes received, comments made, games rated/played, merit count etc.), Quest Count, Forum Posts, Username, Rank, Position/Title, Friend Count, Favorite games, Profile comments, activity, or any thing AG related.
- Any roast post made to include anything on your opponents personal life or on a personal level will mean automatic disqualification. This means Age, Gender, Race, Religion, Political views, anything not meant to be shared on public, or anything on a personal level will mean automatic boot off the contest and if need be, additional consequences on site by a moderator.
- The main moderator keeping an eye on participants will be the very much respected and well known @Moegreche. He will be the very person handing out merits and making sure everything is kept in check. Thank you, Moe, we salute you.
- I, @SirLegendary, will be the host and judge of this competition. I've judged and hosted many poetry and art contests on AG, and have participated in many I did not host or judge. Rest assured I am fair and will only judge you on your ability to roast and the creativity of your roast. IT HAS TO RHYME.
- Sign ups will begin when this post is live and will last for a week, until June 13, 2018, or until at least 8 slots have been filled. If you sign up after the 8th slot is filled but the total amount of participants does not reach 16 by the time sign up is over, you will not be able to participate.
1. You will be paired randomly at the beginning. Brackets will be posted after every round in order to view who is against who in the next round.
2. Updates will be posted and you will be tagged for announcements.
3. You will have give and take one roast/rap per round. If you are posting for any other purpose make sure it is clear that you are not posting for the sake of the round to avoid confusion.
4. Rounds will last up to 1 week, or until all participants have finished.
5. Next round will begin once on announcement after judging decisions have been made.
6. Be patient with the merits, they will come.
- 123 Replies
This summer I've been sleeping hella late and this week has been filled with anticipation because of this contest. I didn't think you would respond this early but I'm glad I stayed up (It's 4:49am here).
@PLGuy A word of review until SirLegendary makes the decision:
Wait so what are the rules about reposting? PLGuy rewrote a piece of his in response to mine. Am I able to resubmit an entry and disregard the last one? Like how much is acceptable to change?
Well it's a fun word to say :P
OK, so I won't be on weekend (maybe mobile) and I wanna work some on flow in my entry. I have that hunch that it's my last round this season so I wanna have some more fun :-P I'm deleting my entry now and I'll reupload it modified on monday or tuesday. And if for some reason I don't upload it by the end of tuesday (very low chance) just go on with the contest :-)
You should keep your previous versions on here or on your quotes page. It would be cool to see the evolution of it.
@PLGuy I'm hoping you can find a way to re-upload your entry. I don't think it's fair for you to drastically change your entry after seeing what your opponent had posted. Hoping you can keep things in good spirit
@lozerfac3 If you'd like to make minimal changes, you can.
I'd like to stick to my ruling about posting a single entry.
It's your contest @SirLegendary I agree it shouldn't go for 2-1. Well, the only person to blame is me - my ill luck and underestimation of opponent. If I didn't post, I'd easily crush your entry, you were first to post @lozerfac3 - but I don't even dream that you would accept this challenge now, chicken :-P I mean - I post mine old entry, I work on mine and you on your final entry until a point in time that you set. And I don't care about merit.
@PLGuy Lol I see how it is. I'll gladly roast you again just for fun. The only reason I didn't respond to Doom was because I didn't think I could produce another masterpiece in 3 days but I guess I underestimated myself too. How about we finish this round and let SirLegendary judge us and then we can go at it. 3 days after round 3 starts and I'll have flamed you and the next guy.
@lozerfac3 that's your call, I hold you to your word - when I'm back home I'll upload this round's entry.
@SirLegendary man give us this second chance to fight, you'll see, this thing will be lit :-) I doubt I'll have time whenever season 2 starts.
@PLGuy Oh wait i don't think i understand. Im not asking to redo this round. I thought you meant we would have a rematch after this round regardless of who won
I agree with what you guys are saying. What I'm merely trying to do is consider others and that everyone falls under the same rules. Should there be a season 2, whenever it may be, I'm using a lot of the hiccups experienced here as lessons for future changes. Things like, 2 entries instead of 1 for comeback purposes, maximum word counts, redemption rounds (to bring back an eliminated contestant), or a change of tournament style to accommodate participants no matter how many. But for now, I think effort still grants reward, and soon a title. I think I'm still happy that we got to push through despite the hiccups.
I'll upload the very first entry after about 2 hours.
@SirLegendary How about me challenging lozerfac3? He said yes and set the timeline. Man we really wanna take on eachother once again. As I said before, I don't care about the rewards, and as he said - it would be great if you could judge such match.
Oh lol my bad. Thanks for clarifying
Hush hush, no problem. I understand.
I don't mind judging a personal 1v1 match outside of the ERBAG, say a new thread in the tavern?
You must be logged in to post a reply!